The charge for visitors is £3:00, (Juniors £1:50) per session. Visitors must be accompanied by a Club Member. It is essential that the Visitors' Book is completed and the appropriate fee is placed in the safe on the wall before playing. Members failing to comply with this procedure will be reported to the Committee who may take further action. Visitors may not play more than 12 times in any one calendar year.
COURT BOOKING SYSTEM
Courts may be booked up to three weeks in advance via the club’s website. If you do not have Internet access you can use the PC at the club.
Every Monday a new week is added to the system. During the current week you may book as many courts as you like. During the following week you may book up to two peak-time courts and in the final week you may book one peak-time court.
The courts are shared with St. Edmund’s School during the day and the booking chart will show the courts which are reserved for them, but at least one of the four courts is available for members during the day.
PEAK TIME: 5pm – 9:20pm Monday to Friday
If a Member has to cancel a court PLEASE DO SO AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. To cancel a court, please do so, if possible, via the website.
Failure to use a court in PEAK TIME without prior cancellation may result in the Member’s name being placed in the “SIN BIN”. Offenders will not be allowed to book a court unless a penalty of £5 is paid. A second offence will result in 2 weeks in the “SIN BIN”. Further offences will entail Committee sanctions.
Please note: -
1. Cars may be parked on the forecourt by members and their visitors and guests. However, notice is hereby given that all cars are parked at the sole risk of their owners. The Club does not accept responsibility for any loss or other accidents whatsoever to or from such cars. Members are asked not to park their cars in the Franciscan Centre without prior arrangement.
2. The Club accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may be occasioned to members’ effects taken to the Club premises. No valuables should be left unattended at any time.
3. Notice is hereby given that all members, visitors and guests enter the Club premises at their own risk and the Club does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or other accident which they may suffer.
4. Members, if they so desire, should effect any cover they may require for personal accident or in respect of cover for damages arising from the personal negligence of any other Club members. It may be that members already have such cover under a normal householders contents or any other policy.
5. England Squash reminds you that the use of eye protection is required by all players under the Rules of the Doubles Game (Appendix 10). It is a Club rule that all Juniors wear goggles when playing squash. Non-slip, non-marking sports shoes must be worn on court. The Committee strongly recommends that all players wear goggles, especially when playing doubles.